Monday, December 14, 2009

Loneliness has followed me my whole life...



"Taxi Driver" Trivia & Interesting quotes
==============================

Bernard Herrmann wrote the whole soundtrack in about a week but died before the movie was released. And the rest is history. I think he was hugely influentual in the scoring of film, a legend.

Someone commented in YouTube "..walking aimlessly in a lonely, windy, rainy night in the city. This is what comes to mind when i hear this song."

"Taxi Driver" became a success for both De Niro as an actor and Martin Scorsese as the Director. They continued filming other movies tegether after that.

Apparently the "u talking to me" line was said by De Niro when he couldn't hear what Martin Scorcese (the director) was saying. So Scorsese said 'Do it again, do it again!!!' whilest filming.

Robert De Niro worked twelve hour days for a month driving cabs as preparation for this role. He also studied mental illness.

Jodie Foster was 12 years old when the movie was filmed, so she could not do the more explicit scenes. (Her character was also 12 years old.) Connie Foster, Jodie's 19-year-old sister when the film was produced, was cast as her body double for those scenes.

Travis Bickle: Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.

Travis Bickle: I first saw her at Palantine Campaign Headquarters at 58th and Broadway. She was wearing a yellow dress, answering the phone at her desk.. She appeared like an angel out of this open sewer. Out of this filthy mass. She is alone: They...cannot...touch..her."

Travis Bickle: I'll tell you why. I think you're a lonely person. I drive by this place a lot and I see you here. I see a lot of people around you. And I see all these phones and all this stuff on your desk. It means nothing. Then when I came inside and I met you, I saw in your eyes and I saw the way you carried yourself that you're not a happy person. And I think you need something. And if you want to call it a friend, you can call it a friend.

Betsy: Are you gonna be my friend?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto...