Monday, July 20, 2009

Memoir Of A Lost Pilgrim (Part I)


There is a beginning of all, even the smallest that for most seems unimportant. And of course there is a beginning for my story. It started many years ago when I was just a happy living-his-life teenager back in my hometown. As usual my days were filled with school works but at the same time my teenage instinct being a daredevil was also my preoccupation. Nothing could replace the satisfaction of booby-trapping a master or doing the most filthy pranks on the others.

Yes that was life! But the life I knew was quickly erased in front of me the moment I journeyed into the new world; no turning back... I wish I could. All the good times that I once knew are just memories now. Each day that I slowly pass in the new world doesn't mean a thing for me. The days are plain, the agony deep inside strangles and I am a prisoner of my own wise decision.

I regret having my own liberty prematurely. It's just not right. I still need time to spend my teenhood alongside my buddies. Where was my head the day I made the decision? I thought being free, far from my folks and having no one to babysit me was fun. Yeah, it was, but for a short period of time only. Then I start to realize what I've missed. I've overran my own youth. If I could just go back to the day that I took my exams.. I'd try not to pass with flying colours..just an ordinary score..just credits in everything..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once had the same thots also.. But, really, looking back at things now, dat period is just like "a small event" in the "long" movie of life. A preparation in making u the person dat u are today. Should you have taken another path, we would be strangers even now.. :)