Monday, June 22, 2009

Something to Someone


"I am not very good at this game called Life, for I've not learned to see children crying without feeling pain, for I've not learned to watch animals being destroyed without wondering why. For I've not yet met a king or celebrity that I would bow down to, or a man so insignificant that I would use for a stepping-stone. For I've not yet learned to be a "yes man" to narrow minded bosses who quote rules without reason, and I've not learned to manipulate the feelings of others to be used for my own advantages, then cast aside as I see fit. No, I am not very good at this game called Life, and if everything goes well, maybe I never will be..."

"Can I live without you, now that I know you, now that I know you exist? Can I sleep at night without seeing your smile, now that I've seen it for real? Can I be the same, now that I've changed with the gentle touch of your hand? Now that I'm divided by my need for you, without you, can I be whole again?"

"If I should come out ahead at the end of this game called Life, it won't be because of my fancy style, or that I knew how to play it so well. But more because I just keep getting up and plodding along till the world finally just got tired of knocking me down."

"There are so many words, yet there are no words, for when I look into your eyes, no words need to be spoken, and the warmth of your smile is a statement in itself. And how could I ever try to explain the trembling in my body when I touch your face? There are no words to explain an emotion, so I open to you my mind, that you might walk among my dreams and memories. Then...and only then, you might understand my silence."

"I've been touched by the morning sun that chases the night away, and I've been touched by the gentle words that love-struck poets say. And I've been touched by the morning mist everyone calls the dew, but it all seems more beautiful now that I've been touched by you."

"I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone..."

.... "Something to Someone".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Can I live without you, now that I know you, now that I know you exist? Can I sleep at night without seeing your smile, now that I've seen it for real? Can I be the same, now that I've changed with the gentle touch of your hand? Now that I'm divided by my need for you, without you, can I be whole again?"

Unknown said...

Saying an early 'Happy Birthday' to u (7th May 2011) as I won't be here by then. Heard that u are much happier nowadays..glad for that.
Wishing all the happiness to you and yours..